Globe Group’s #MakeITSafePH Campaign Clinches Dual Wins at Prestigious PRCA Platinum 2023 Awards in London
Globe Group’s groundbreaking #MakeITSafePH anti-cyberbullying campaign has achieved remarkable success, securing two prestigious awards at the Public Relations Communications Association (PRCA) Platinum 2023 Awards Ceremony in London. The campaign triumphed in the “Best in Digital and Social Media” and the “Purpose Award” categories, outshining competitors from Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and the Americas.
The PRCA Platinum Awards, celebrated as the pinnacle of global public relations, exclusively invite entries from agencies, teams, and individuals who have either won or been shortlisted in award events over the past year.
Key Highlights of the #MakeITSafePH Campaign:
- Recognition in Dual Categories:
- The #MakeITSafePH campaign was honored with the “Best in Digital and Social Media” and the prestigious “Purpose Award” at the PRCA Platinum 2023 Awards, reinforcing the Globe Group’s international standing in championing Tech for Good.
- Commitment to Safer Digital Spaces:
- Yoly Crisanto, Chief Sustainability and Communications Officer of the Globe Group, emphasized the company’s unwavering commitment to creating a safer digital environment. She stated, “With the #MakeITSafePH campaign, we aim to bridge the gap between the digital world and real-world interventions.”
- Parental Empowerment and Understanding:
- The campaign sheds light on the stark reality of online harassment, aiming to help parents and guardians understand its impact on their children. This approach is crucial in the Philippines, which holds the second-highest global ranking for children’s exposure to online risks.
- Comprehensive Educational Resources:
- Activities include the creation of the MakeITSafe.ph website, featuring a Cyberbullying Glossary showcased through digital and physical flashcards, designed to educate parents about the evolving language of cyberbullying. Free mental health consultations via KonsultaMD, video e-modules in DepEd’s K-12 curriculum, impactful digital films, and Facebook Community webinars further augment the campaign’s impact.
- Overwhelming Impact and Reach:
- #MakeITSafePH raised awareness with over 77,000 visits to the MakeITSafe.ph website, a 315% surge in mental health consultations post-campaign, a social media reach exceeding 147 million, and more than 22.6 million engagements. The campaign was supported by close to 300 content creators and celebrities sharing personal experiences with cyberbullying.
- A Crucial Milestone in Combatting Cyberbullying:
- The Globe Group’s success at the PRCA Platinum 2023 marks a significant milestone in its mission to combat cyberbullying. As the Philippines grapples with the challenges of the digital age, initiatives such as #MakeITSafePH are crucial in ensuring a safe and inclusive online space for all.
The Globe Group encourages parents and guardians to initiate lessons on online safety and responsibility at home, safeguarding the mental well-being of the youth. Through its online safety platform, www.MakeITSafe.ph, the Globe Group empowers them to be effective digital advocates for their children’s mental health.