Globe Group Sweeps Environmental Finance Sustainable Company Awards 2023 with Four Prestigious Honors
In an extraordinary testament to its unwavering commitment to sustainability, the Globe Group has clinched four coveted accolades at the Environmental Finance Sustainable Company Awards 2023. Recognized in key categories, the awards underscore Globe’s leadership and dedication to environmental, social, and governance (ESG) principles, positioning the company as a trailblazer in sustainable business practices.
Environmental-Finance.com, a prominent UK-based online news and analysis service founded in 1999, serves as a beacon for reporting on sustainable investment, green finance, and the movers and shakers in environmental markets.
Globe’s Triumphs at a Glance:
- Energy Efficiency Initiative of the Year (APAC):
- Recognizing Globe’s commitment to greening its network, aligned with its ISO 50001-certified energy management system. Efforts include increased network efficiency, cost savings through reduced energy consumption, adoption of renewable energy, and integration of green network solutions.
- Net Zero Progression of the Year (APAC):
- Honoring Globe’s dedication to a sustainable future, this award acknowledges the company’s commitment to science-based targets through the Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi). Globe has maintained a CDP ‘B’ Rating since 2021 and supports the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
- Sustainability Reporting of the Year (APAC):
- Celebrating Globe’s longstanding commitment to transparency and accountability, recognizing its adoption of the Integrated Reporting framework in 2018. The 2022 Integrated Report, titled “Empowering Customers with Everyday Digital Solutions,” showcases Globe as the first telco in the Philippines to pilot GSMA ESG Metrics for Mobile.
- Large Enterprise of the Year (APAC): Transitioning from Telco to Techco:
- Recognizing Globe’s successful transformation into a digital solutions group, marking a significant shift in the company’s business model.
Yoly Crisanto, Chief Sustainability and Corporate Communications Officer of the Globe Group, commented:
“These recognitions are proof of Globe’s purposeful approach to sustainability. We are committed to driving positive change, and we will continue to pave the way for a sustainable future for our stakeholders and the planet.”
Globe’s sustainable practices have not gone unnoticed, with the company recently receiving an ‘AA’ Rating by MSCI, the highest in the Philippines, and maintaining its membership in the FTSE4Good Index for eight consecutive years. Recognition by The Financial Times as one of the Climate Leaders in Asia Pacific for two consecutive years and the accolade as the Most Sustainably-Driven Network by Standard Insights further attest to Globe’s leadership in sustainability.
The Environmental Finance Sustainable Company Awards, renowned for spotlighting pioneers in sustainability, involved a rigorous judging process with over 40 industry experts and the Environmental Finance editorial team.
Through its intentional and purpose-driven sustainability strategies, Globe continues to set a benchmark for others to follow, solidifying its position as a leader in driving positive change.